Saturday, December 8, 2012

What is this I have found??


Fallon looked around. The rain was pouring now, and it was hard to see, but not too hard to see what confused her most. All around her tall buildings made of metal and glass reached great heights into the gray sky. Masses of people, more than she’d ever seen streamed around her, their heads turned low, staring at little glowing squares. Sometimes they would give a ferocious tap at them, and the box would change, or they would wipe the rain water away from it so they could see better.
Fallon was lost, this was not her world. No one noticed her, and she couldn’t get the attention of any of them since they were so absorbed in their little boxes. Lights as bright as suns shown from tall poles, and from the glass on the buildings. It flooded onto the peculiar stone street, and was disoriented by the water and the millions of feet that walked upon it.
“Fallon!” She heard her name being called. How she could hear it over the roar of this strange place was impossible to fathom. “Fallon!”
“I’m here!” She began pushing through the crowd towards the man whom she had first met. Suddenly she was glad for the rain, for it hid her tears of fright. “Where am I?”
“I did tell you, didn’t I? What I’d like to know is where you’re from.”
“Well, I did tell you where I’m from.”
“All I know is that you flew out of my computer screen, blurted a bunch of mumbo jumbo, and then you took off running.”
Fallon was silent, and for a moment it felt like the rest of the world was too. No roaring, no tapping, no clicking, and no honking. Just her and the rain, pattering softly on the ground.
“Let’s go back to my house,” he was saying. “We can sort it out there.”
Fallon numbly felt her hand being taken as she was guided back up the street. She wondered: how can the rain fall when the sky is blocked? How will the sun shine through the clouds that shouldn’t be there?
I can feel this world dying.


Okay...?
So I just found this in a random document.

Clearly, it is an excerpt from GWB. I guess it would be from part four. I don't know why it's in third person, I don't even know when I wrote it...

Anyway!

I have come up with a solution.

If, by January, Black Ivy is not posted, I'll just post it here.
What? It's not like I'm worried about copy right. Besides, the only thing I can gain from it being posted on W101 is notability.

Anyway! I think I need to post a new part of GWB soon....ish. I think around part five is when I need to start editing badly.

Laterz!
~Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...