Tuesday, December 4, 2012

So I have to say I'm little touched

(Oh be quiet! I know it's my fourth post, but I'm bored!!)

I don't know how long this will be.......

ANYWAY, onto the topic of this final post of the day (you have my word).

So I was flipping through blogs, reading updated posts, getting caught on W/P101 news, and also looking at the blogroll.
It is something I commonly do, because one blogger might follow another great blog that I don't, and then I find out about it and think, "Oh, this is great," at the world is a happy place. Hey, this is how I met half of you.

So, this leads to the point of the post where I'm saying that I'm usually struck speechless when I see my blog on their blogroll (especially when it's someone I dont know, and especially especially when it's a well known blog (which I classify as every blog except my own, so in a way EVERYONE'S BLOG!!)).
C:

Seriously, I smile like an idiot.

And then when I forget (a common, bad characteristic of mine), and then I happen to see it again, and now I know you, and I smile like an idiot [again].

So saying "I'm a little touched" is an understatement.
I'm super touched.

Well, in a way it's more of a mixture of feelings, but lets not get into that...

Anyway, I really wanted to say that. Count it as my holiday, mushy, emotional (if you want to get picky and precise) post.
TA-DA!


So to subtly change topics...

Since I'm not a great artist (actually, I'm terrible), I always search for those websites where you can mix and match appearances on characters to create your own. Well, I have finally found a great one, and I've been making the portraits of the characters from my books all day.

Finally, I was like, "Hey, what about myself?" (speaking as Emma).

So....
Yeah.
Granted the graphics aren't even close to that of W101, but hey. It's pretty darn close. As for the mark on her face, I just kinda mixed in a little Shadowhunter (if you haven't, READ THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS SERIES NOW!!).
:p
The tunic is the closest I could get to anything resembling robes from W101. The wand/staff is self explanatory... As for the bottles hanging from her hand, I guess those kinda represent the potion bottles? Maybe something to do crafting...? What ever suits your fancy. The arm band is the "ring".

So how about Suri from Black Ivy??
Yes, frowning as usual. Jet black hair, black eyes, really pale skin... check check check. Armor, black of course, because ... AHH! I can't tell you yet because you haven't read it!!! (Hurry up W101, post part 1 already!!). Anyway, she has the fancy necklace for the name reason. No wand either (agh! I can't explain it!!). And then the potion bottles. Yup, all there.

And Fallon...? You know, the protagonist from GWB. Willowstone's the last name.
Yup purple hair, tide up right now because it was getting in her face. Spell book, and no wand or potion bottles (just cause). A book instead, cause she's less of a fighter, more of a thinker.
Ugh, I really wish they had better outfit choices. I didn't want to repeat, so I gave her a dress :p Oh well, can't be helped.

You may want to expect to see more character portraits.
I really like this website.

Thanks everyone again!!! (From the first part of the post in case you forgot, which is what I'll do if I ever reread this, haha).

Laterz!
~Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...