Friday, April 13, 2012

7 more days

And voila.

So today I'll share with you a sneak peak of chapter seven (haha! 7 more days, chapter 7, cowinkidink!!).

By the way, I changed the chapter title to: the metal of destiny. Hope you don't mind.

Enjoy!!

----------------------------------------

Nathan Deathblade and Alric Flame stared down into the giant hole in the Marlybone street. It seemed to never end, and as far as you could see was only blackness. There hadn’t been another earthquake and all was still.
You think they’re dead?” Alric asks.
Nathan shakes his head. “Nah.”
Why?”
I dunno. Nothing kills of Suri that easily. ‘Specially falling down into a bottomless crack with pointy stalactites at the bottom.”
Well there’s a lovely thought. Suri and Calamity shishcabobs. Delicious.”
Both boys laugh.
Suddenly Alric tilts his head, as though listening to something. Nathan gives him a funny look. “Something wrong?”
Shh!” Alric hisses. After a moment he says, “I think I hear something.” He looks towards Nathan’s apartment. “From your place.”
They both look over at the house, then start walking cautiously towards it. Once on the first step of the door Nathan hears it too. A soft whirring noise, as if muffled through a wall. They open the door slowly and the noise grows louder.
What the heckhound is that?” asks Alric, astounded.
In the middle of the living room was a spinning object, about a foot long. It was sliver, and as it spun it cast a sliver line of light around the walls. It seemed to be a square or a flat piece of metal, due to the way it looked while it was spinning.
It can’t be... can it?” asks Nathan. He goes a little closer to the spinning metal.
What is it?” Alric repeats.
I don’t know, I found it a few weeks ago in this strange place with disappearing doors. It’s got all these intended symbols on them. I can’t read them though.”
Can’t read them now either,” mutters Alric. “I would’ve liked to look at them.”
Well you can. I made rubbing's of them.
Can you show me?”
Sure. They’re in my room.”
Alric followed Nathan up the stairs to his room where the whirring dulled. Nathan turned on the electric light, courtesy of the Marlybone home. He shuffled through some papers before pulling out a larger one with rubbing marks on them. He handed it to Alric. “This is the best on I got. And don’t bother looking in books, couldn’t find anything.
Alric looked the marks over. They made no sense. Not a shred of familiarity came to him. It was like an alien language.
Suddenly there was a soft shaking. Another earthquake was happening. A small one, perhaps classified as a tremor. It lasted about 25 seconds and nothing seemed to come from it save the loud thump that sounded from downstairs.
The whirring continued.

----------------------------------------

:)

I'm running out of things to say. That is sad.

Oh! I know!

My cramped schedule:
  1. I have a science and math tests on monday. So I have to study for those. (I DON'T GET FACTORING AT ALL!!)
  2. I have some history homework (lol, if Cori's read this she'll be thinking, "AGAIN!!??").
  3. I have a P.E. project due next week.
  4. I have more history homework due next week (Cori: again, really? Again?).
  5. I have to start packing for my trip (in 7 days).
  6. I should have plenty of time to do all that over the week except I have to babysit two kids (I love them though, I think I'll get my first book published because of them) ALL DAY saturday. Like from... 8 to 5 or something.
  7. Sunday will be crazy.
  8. And I'm into this really great book.
  9. ARGH!!!!
Great huh?
Oh well.

HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13TH!!!

(Did you know that according to Sierra Winterbreeze [sorry, too lazy to get a link to her blog, but you probably already have it anyway] that there are three Friday tge 13th's and that they're all 13 weeks apart? WEIRD!!)

Oh, and I kinda fixed the '8 more days' post.
Kinda.

Laterz!
~Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...