Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pre-Epic Treat

You shall find out what Pre-Epic means in, well, I don't know how long. Depends on how lazy/active I am so, hold your horses (or whatever is closest) and read on!

So, as in a Pre-Epic treat, here is my crazy story:
I was playing Wizard101 (YES! I WAS!). I had to renew my member ship and I accelerated a little bit further in Dragonspyer onto the Forum, now I have to fight a bossy guy, and then I got on Fallon and quested a little bit with her. Level six already.
*sniff* They grow up so fast. Well, also seeing she's THE MAIN CHARACTER in GWB more or less (if you count Luke (who is yet to be mentioned) and Llewella).
Anywho, While first running into Triton Avenue I was suddenly struck with a genius idea.
At first I think: "New wizard101 fan-fiction?"
Then I think: "Nah, I already have one... two... three... maybe four going on right now so maybe this could be a half Wizard101 half original piece."


(By the way, one is The Decoder Champion, two is Finding the Five Bands, three is Taken by Night and four is yet to be named.)

So I came up with: Clockwork Dragon.

It has Wizard101 ideas but doesn't take place in the Spiral and doesn't use wizard101 terminology, therefore making it original.

I went through basically every wizard101 name in the book and came up with a name I haven't see ever!

Meet Brecken Nightthorn!

I actually had a a little trouble deciding what the hair should look like. There are only really, in my opinion, two good hairstyles.
ONE

TWO

Then I deiced between the names:
  • Brecken
  • Deirdre
  • Rowan
  • Suri
  • Taryn
Then between these for part-one for the last name:
  • Dragon
  • Ghsot
  • Moon
  • Night
  • Shadow
And last name part-two:
  • Cloud
  • Heart
  • Thron
I was tempted to do Dragonheart but I know a blogger/wizard who already has that last name so I'm thinking nah.
I also found a way to include past wizards Marissa Anvilheart (who used to be Anvilthorn but since 'thorn' is now in Brecken's last name I changed it) and Taryn Goldriver.

I also, not on Fallon and not on the story, started decorating my MFP again. I have a Tranquil Cottage which is all Mooshu themed. So in each room of the MFP I'm having dedicated to a different world. I have Dragonspyer all done and I'm working on Mooshu, but I don't have much to work with since it's all in a different house.
I don't know if I'll ever use the Sultun's Palace. It's cool and all but three houses is hard to juggle with one wizard. Not to mention you can't trade the SP and MFP cause then the SP would be on Grace's side (my life wizard).

But I did snap this cool picture. Might make it better and make it my header after the holidays.

(The gift is from the third day of wizards.)

Anywho, as I said, here is the Pre-Epic part of the post. Still can't tell you WHY it's epic, not just yet, sorry.
It's Chapter One of Clockwork Dragon.
:)

C:

It's short, and might be slightly awkward (and sad since I'm talking a lot about why some people are orphans, sorry if it's sad). But oh well.
Well, here ya are! Hope you enjoy!


Chapter One
No one knew my name when I came to the orphanage. I didn’t even know my name. I remember rain, clouds, and thunder but that was it. Nothing before that. My memory had vanished. All twelve years of my life gone. Gone somewhere where I would never find them again.
And then I was here.
The Colhgo Orphanage for the Young. It took me three months to realize that I was in a rural part of southern Canada. Though I knew no French and spoke, as the others said, like a child whose parents were British but grew up in America.
How I got in Canada I have no idea.
As days turned to months and months to years I grew accustomed to being discriminated for having white hair and not knowing why I was alone.
All the other kids knew why they had no parents. They came from poor families, burned houses, flooding homes, civil wars, and broken families. Sure it was sad, but what I thought was sadder was that I didn’t know where I came from.
People started calling me “The Broken Girl.” I don’t know why, but I didn’t really care. It was what I was believe it or not.
One day a new orphan came. A young Japanese boy of seven years. His family had died in the tsunami that had hit Japan. He had traveled here to live with his aunt only to find she had died from a stroke. So he had come here. He quickly joined with the group of boys who liked to harass everyone. Since he didn’t speak perfect English and had an extremely thick accent, when he first called me “The Broken Girl”, it had come out as: “Theaa Brecken Gurrrl.”
Everyone laughed at that. So they went along with his pronunciation until the name “Brecken” just took.
So in some ways, that became my name. I had a name again.
I wasn’t the only one picked on. Another girl named Taryn was also annoyed. She had been here since she was five. She was the same age as me.
The only joy I found was in small gadgets. Such as broken watches, circuit panels, springs, gears, cogs, electricity, anything. I loved taking them apart, putting them together, making something new.
The first time I ever created something new was a small toy mouse. It had taken me five months to get it right but I had done it. I had the gears and springs and plugs and didn’t use batteries at all. You had to wind it up with a little brass key on the back.
I loved to look at its silver bronze body and watch it scurry across the floor.
That was when I got my idea. Why not make other things?
I started collecting old radios, watches, wires, keys and anything else I could get my hands on. I created an alarm that went off when someone opened my door at night. A single wire connected to a switch I could flip on and off would affect several rods and joints that would cause a heavy nail to fall off the tip of the door when it was open, cause the person to cry out in pain and I would wake up. I was light sleeper.
And it was so much better than shoving a dresser in front of the door.
I reworked an old pocket watch to not only show the time when flipped open, but also give the user a choice of, 1) using a small mirror, 2) press another button to activate a small, sharp poker to, well, poke people with, 3) under the watch part there was a space for an engraving and to hold a picture, and 4) flip that up to reveal a compartment to hold a folded up note.
Basically it had three layers. First one had the mirror and watch, the second the engraving and picture, the third for holding the note. Pressed the lock button on the top to open the whole thing up five times fast to release the poker.
Pretty snazzy huh?
I carried to everywhere with me.
I had a total of five watches on me at all times. The first was the multi-manageable pocket watch around my neck, the second a ring on my finger, the third and fourth my earrings, and the fifth was sewed into my shoe.
Time was important to me you see. Lots of people take for granted, but only a small amount of time is given to each person on the earth, so we must use it wisely. I like to think I’m using my time wisely but I can’t say the same for some people.
I have big plans. Big for a 14 year old that is. 14 is a time in any orphans life when they wonder what to do because in four years they’re leaving. Yep, 18’s the limit, not the sky, sorry.
So I’ve been working on my résumé. As in, I’, working on my largest, most grand piece of work yet. The biggest clockwork anyone will ever see.
I call it the Dujutene Serpere. Or just The Serpent. Dujutene Serpere is just the fancy name for it that I came up with.
All in all it’s basically a giant, clockwork, dragon.



I got "dujutene" from that comment moderation thing. Like, please enter the characters below, type of thing. It's was actually responding to Alex's comment in my previous post so, thanks Alex!

Ooh! Idea!
No, not another story one, sorry for you, thank goodness for me.
:)

Since I never finished Argentum Magia (it was like 70 pages too! Not much but a lot for me a year ago) I kind of owe it to the people in the story who were in it and never got to see the end. (Like Alex, Amber, Heather and others.) So maybe I can put you in this one! You're names would be different since many of you have your own fan-fiction with you own names in it.
How about that? Comment to say if you want to be in it, otherwise I'll never know who you are. (Of course, I'll probably end up sticking you in there whether you like it not.)
:) :)

Anywho (I say that too much) I have to get off cause my mom has to print shipping labels and this is the only computer hooked up to a printer! So, yeah.
And I have to unload the dishwasher before I watch Once Upon a Time (an epic TV show) on at eight!

So, laterz!
(I remember when I used to end ALL my posts like that. I should start doing that again.)
:)

Laterz!
~Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...