Saturday, July 27, 2013

Wizard-Pirate War?

A friend of mine in P101 brought up the idea recently: if wizards and pirates went to war, who would win? Would it be the pirates with their crew members or the wizards with powerful spells? It's hard to judge such an outcome because of the drastically different combat sequences, but nonetheless, it's a thought to entertain.

I touch on the topic, actually, in Winterstar. If you've read chapter one, you know that Devin, Caleb, and Mindy - a Necromancer, Thaumaturge, and Diviner - are wizards of the Spiral who are mysteriously teleported to Skull Island. Why this is and how it happened, of course, is explained later on, but I'm happy to know I'm not the only one looking into it. 

So who would win? 


Wizards? 









Or pirates? 










I've been questing my eyes out all week on P101 for hours at a time - and I still have a butt-load of sidequests in Monquista that I really don't want to do -_- I keep telling myself it's worth the experience, but then more and more sidequests appear in places I've already been and I begin to question if there's an end to it... 

I've reached level 16 as a Swashbuckler, as well as completed the companion quests for Sarah Steele and Bonnie Anne - probably my two most valuable crew members. I recently received the quest for Subodai, but as I said, I've already got too many sidequests. 

However, because I've spent so much time in the Skyways, it was only by chance that I saw that W101 Aquila is out on the test realm. Already intrigued by the new, interactive musical instruments (I OWN A PIANO!!), I hoped on over to the TR and started Aquila with my Life alt, Sarai Rainflower.
A couple other updates include the ability to lock items in your backpack and new school minions spells (for all your high level wizards :p), as well as renaming decks, which, to me, is the more useful of the three. 

Apparently Aquila is like a massive dungeon, no worldly plot quest like with Wysteria - great, more places to buy out. As a Magnus, I only went there to sightsee. (While the game was loading, it said Sarai was in MB, and then it popped her in the Commons O.o) I also spoiled myself on a pair of Seraph Wings - just cause I can :)
I was also interested in the loading icon, saying I can't enter Cyclops Lane since it was loading Avalon. AVALON! None of my characters are there yet, why are you loading it??  >_<

When I finally got to Aquila, I kinda wished it wasn't all... birds. (Most anyway.)
:/



Fighting this guy took forever because it was Life on Life, even though he never casted a single Life spell. 
I fought some more people, died a couple time, and then moved on to Eris's test. That's when I thought I'd walk around with Emma before I logged off. 

For a P101 update, it was raining bananas. I don't know if you can see it in this picture, but it was RAINING BANANS. I just can't get over that... 


My ship also does this weird thing when it goes to a new Skyway. It's all pushed over to one side, really weird. *shrugs*

When I logged onto W101 yesterday morning, I saw this:

I can't even fathom. Not even.
And after selling some stuff I come up to this:

HOW?!?

However, how happy that I don't have to spend 10k crowns, I get to buy the Wysteria Villa with gold.
:D
You know I've had my eyes set on that since it came out. And now? Mine!!

The unfortunate part?

Oh well. It was worth it.
I miraculously did an 8 minute house tour, but I think I need to do it again for editing's sake... It's super awesome though :)


When it was loading, the icon against my current wallpaper looked like this:
Usually that's the face of Tim Burtan's Cheshire cat, but it does make sense if I was talking about W101, lol. 


I've also been contemplating on a new background for the blog. Right now I'm going back and forth between these two options (basically either P101 theme or W101):

If I was tech/photoshop savvy I would make a totally awesome collage thing. Unfortunately that's beyond my computer abilities :p 


For the sad part of the post, I'm going to be AWOL for the next week and then some. I'm going to my second, and last, summer camp, and then a wedding the same day the camp ends. I'll be home for about three or four days before I'm off on a family vacation. By the time that's all over, school will be starting in two weeks :(

It's still more likely you'll see me in the P101 Spiral than the Wizarding one, but I'll occasionally be home decorating or making house tours and the like.

As for the videoblog: thank you all who voted on the poll! That'll be up for another week, just to catch anyone who happens to stumble upon this humble abode of a blog. I'll give a shout out when Flint and I are ready to take in emails for suggestions (we're accepting them now, but aren't necessary). Though we would love to start recording, like, today, due to a lack of electronic equipment, and also faced with many recording compromises, it's likely to actually start up after school has begun.


In the mean time, I'll be Swashbuckling my way out of impossible duels and spending some time in the land of editing.

Laterz!
~Emma

4 comments:

  1. 1) I can make a cool collage thing!

    2)Unfortunately for me, the wizards would win. Their ability to mess with the minds with higher magics than even a seasoned Withdoctor would ultimately defeat any pirates who wouldn't hide. In the end, they'd all be found, and that would be the end. Pirates also don't have Spritely. However, we pirates are very, VERY good at hiding ourselves...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1b) Well, to an extent. I'm bad at rendering, but I can make something similar to my site's b/g.

      Delete
  2. Good post!

    I'm wondering - where did you pirate image come from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Des, thanks for the offer! If you really want to help, just email me :) Thanks, you're awesome. And yeah, Wizards would likely win.

    @Cass, thanks, too! Image? Erm... google LOL.

    ReplyDelete

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...