Friday, July 19, 2013

Videoblogging Time (P101 update!)

So... remember how I said I wanted to compare a whole bunch of RPG's? Well, I'm going to do it :D
So here's that information post.


POST PART ONE
-VIDEOBLOGGING TIME-

When I say "videoblogging," I'm talking about a podcast - just to get that straight.

The main games we'll be discussing are: Wizard101, Pirate101, World of Warcraft, Eden Eternal, and Guild Wars 2. The list will likely grow, but those are the ones we're starting out with.

Wait, am I speaking as two people? 

Yes! 

I have a partner in this process, or should I just call him my walking-talking-gaming encyclopedia? Just kidding, Flint (once known as Flint Firesword, now retried Pyromancer) will be helping in giving information about the games in all areas: gameplay, music, RPG's, and console games. 

Obviously, this list will expand.

I also have a goal to make a P101 music video to Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics. I was listening to it while I was running around and realized the beat to that song is the same one to walking. And the moments with guitars and lyrics remind me of epic hits in battle. 

Anyway...

One of the important things that we need is your help. Is there anything you want us to talk about? Want to share a complaint of comment of satisfaction? Do you want to be part of the conversation at some point? Would you like an interview on a certain topic you feel strongly about?

As much as we both want to get complaints out of our systems, as well as praising certain aspects, we want to make sure you - yes, you - are happy with what we're talking about.

If you want to aid us in anyway, email me at emmadawnrider@yahoo.com with the subject line: videoblog - 'whatever you want here'


POST PART TWO
-P101 UPDATE!-

Pictures? Sure! I've been busy...

This battle was epic. Honestly. I hate that boss guy. Cheater :p

Oh, you want to join our crew? Thank you, Sarah, for voicing my thoughts on the matter...

I love how in the basement of each tavern your crew gathers there. I just... it's just... feels man. So many feels. 

 Everything is... tiny. 

Er... thanks.

 Thanks. Again. I mean it. Jerk. 

 ...Are you psychic? 

 Why did I take a picture of this? Oh, right, Haku. I don't like you. Not at all. 

Oh hai there. You're cute.

Oh so NOW you wanna talk about my parents... 

This is the problem with every single boss in ALL games - they assume way too much... 

My comment says it all...

I also had an awesome moment down in the Ancient Tunnels on Skull Island. 

No, I don't mean just any epic moment. I mean a moment so epic I may as well have been crying. 

Ok, so I had to fight the thief from MB? To get the diamonds back? Right. So I was in a crowded realm, and I couldn't get in a duel with the dude. So I switched and joined a duel that was... dying. No enemy was defeated yet, and half the people had half health. I was the fourth member, so I got no companions (great).

So we defeated the MB guy, and couple of his crabbies... but suddenly, somehow, there was me and a witchdoctor against five crabbies. 

5
v.
2

Actually, I defeated four of... actually, I defeated all five. But I mean, thanks to the witchdoctor, of course, he had some awesome damage in there. But I was down to, and wait for this, I was down to one health point.

ONE
HEALTH
POINT
with two crabbies to go. 

O_O

*speechless*

I dodged. I blocked. I did a mega hit on the last one.
Duel's over. 
Everyone's ok.

Tell me, how often does something like that happen? Not often at all. If I hadn't joined they would've lost, but thanks to me (now, I'm not trying to boast), we won. I mean, two pirates and every single companion was defeated with five crabbies to go. With only one witchdoctor only a miracle greater than that one could've saved them. 

It's time like these I love the community. The only one who wasn't pessimistic was the pirate with menu chat. Otherwise, I said we're doomed and they said "we can do this!" Ok, I was a little but pessimistic - but hey... one health point, who wouldn't be? I freaking out after that duel, and was more than happy that it was over. 

Mr. Avery, you need to watch your treasure more carefully. I don't want to go trapeasing all over the Spiral searching for your MB spoon next time. 

Actually, that'll be one of the topics we'll be talking about: questing. 

Hopefully an introduction video will be up soon.

Oh, and guess what else I've been doing tons of recently? Swashbuckling my way out of impossible duels with barracuda (or however they spell it). Honestly - three to four and they kill BOTH my companions. Not cool man, not cool.

And you want some more awesome news? ON TO MONQUISTA! LEVEL 13! (My accomplishment anyway).
That's right - The Skull Island, Flotsam, and Tradewinds Skyways are completed :D

Now? Finishing sidequesting... *sad face*

I'm also trying something new - and that's buying areas out with crowns rather than with a membership. Why? I'm not sure - maybe it's cheaper, maybe it's not, that's something I'm testing out. And, well, because I was owed $80 bucks why not spend it on crowns? This is my biggest crown-dump of the century (and probably the rest of my life), so I have to spend it extremely carefully...

Right after I buy Captain Bosco the steamwork pet :3
(I couldn't help it. He was just too cute!)

I'm also debating upon whether or not to buy a mount. I mean, I got through Mooshu without one (heckhounds, they didn't even have them then), and I could do the same here - the problem? Dude, the areas are huge! I have to go running down long hallway after long hallway all the time, a mount could really speed that up.

But I'm so not riding dinner. (Come on. A lobster? Really? I love seafood.)

I'm going to have a couple polls up concerning the videoblog and mount thing, so please vote!

Laterz!
~Emma

1 comment:

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...