Thursday, July 4, 2013

Here it goes... (aka, it's all gone)

So I'll be short and sweet.

Just kidding, nothing about this is sweet.

I'm a writer. You all know that. Words are my soul. And when I lose words, it tears me apart and makes me want to throw something out a window. It hasn't happened much in the past. Sometimes a couple pages or about 500 words.

However, I just lost 4,850 words of my short story NaNo novel.

Yeah.


4,850 words.

GONE.

Lines of witty sarcasm.

GONE.

Two awesome characters with to-come deep development.

GONE.

Probably one of the best plots in my entire life.

GONE.


Basically, I'm quite a bit emotionally traumatized now, so I don't know exactly how active I'll be on any website. Right now it's late nights watching Disney movies and eating popcorn and chocolate until my writing spirit is replenished.
Which might take a while.

~Emma


P.S.
Here is some sacred text.... all that's left:

  That night, Reese couldn’t sleep. Though she had momentarily lost herself in eating four popsicals with her mom, when she had finally come to be alone in bed, her thoughts couldn’t help but wander to what she’d said to Adrian.
  It was mean. She shouldn’t have sunk to his level. Then again, he had needed that rant, no matter how much she hated being the one giving it to him. Maybe she should’ve just paid for the icecream, but she shouldn’t let herself get pushed around by others either.
  He had alway been a jerk. When had he ever not been one? Reese sighed, remembering what she’d witnessed by the river this afternoon. Maybe Adrian did have a heart, but from what she had seen she couldn’t decide if his true heart was scarier or not than the one he showed at school. But she had seen him crying... did that account for anything?

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Nope. Google docs. I was typing it offline. When I tried to sync it online? Poof. I'm considering it as "lesson learned."

      Delete
    2. Yeah, it does that to me also, sometimes I have long blog posts that I make in offline mode and it disappears when I try to sync it.

      Delete
  2. Ouch! :( I know exactly how this feels. I'm afraid there's nothing for it; you'll have to rewrite. Maybe try eating some chocolate. It helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I remember that.
      Thankfully I'm past the emotional block, it's the mental one I face now. Thanks, though!

      Delete
  3. Oh, no! Emma, that's absolutely dreadful! Don't lose hope, think of this as a nudge in the ribs to show NaNoWriMo what you're really worth. You can push on and keep the fire alive. Take a cookie and some tea; now, get back to work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think maybe it was just not meant to happen, but I've got a new idea barely forming. I just have to find the will to write it.

      Delete
    2. Here, I'm going to send you an e-mail. Watch your inbox. ;)

      Delete
  4. Aww... :( Bad luck, Emma :( that sucks big time. Keep your chin up, buddy. It's a bit of a rubbish setback, but you'll find your writing spirit soon enough!

    For now, popcorn and chocolate might be a good idea.

    (Psshhh, who am I kidding? Popcorn and chocolate are ALWAYS good ideas.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Popcorn and chocolate are my comfort foods, so yeah, they're good for everything :)
      I did find an ish new idea, I just need to find the motivation to write now, haha.

      Delete

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...