Monday, July 22, 2013

I Can't Believe I'm Doing This...

Ok, you all know I write. A lot. All the time. I've gotten a lot of different reviews on my writing, I write a lot of different types of fiction, and I've been writing a long time.

You all know I finished my novel back in December 2012, and it's been undergoing unprofessional editing since (ok, maybe you didn't know that, but now you do).

Basically, right now, I've started writing a query letter.

"What?"

Yeah, that's what I thought when I first heard it. A query letter is the letter you send agencies to see if they want to read, and then professionally edit, and finally publish your work.

Holy
Storm
Lord

"Are you serious, Emma?"

Yeah.
I am.
I'm going to get published.

Believe me, not any time soon, but I'm one step closer :D (If only this letter wasn't so freaking difficult... you have no idea until you research "how to write a query letter" cause believe me there are some strict rules...).

Laterz!
~Emma


P.S.
Make sure you check out the post below this!!

5 comments:

  1. You're writing a query letter.

    You're writing a query letter?

    Goodness gracious great balls of fire, Emma - YOU'RE WRITING A QUERY LETTER!! Yay! I am SO happy for you and I'm sure your courageousness will push you through the tough process of publishing. You've lit my temporarily burnt out writing candle. I'll be joining you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Des, you're making me smile like an idiot right now C: Thank you so much!! Haha, glad I could "help" :)
      I'm using Writer's Market as my guide (you have to subscribe though, which I find stupid). From there I found two agencies - since I'm doing so much research on this (ugh, research, my brain...) I can help! (I hope.)

      GO FOR IT, DES! :D

      Delete
  2. Wow!! Congratulations! :D :D

    (My parents want to help me get published once I finish Legends of Light...which I find exciting, but they want me to self-publish.)

    Good luck with your query letter - I hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cass, thanks!

    @Sophia, You totally should! I don't know how self-publishings works, I was pused towards the query letter, but you definitely should do it! And thanks :D

    ReplyDelete

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...