Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Well, in all honesty I've got to admit I'm quite bored.

WOAH. HANG ON. HALT THAT THOUGHT PROCESS.

I'm in no way, shape, or form bored with anything pertaining to W101. Got it? Good. Moving on.

I mean I'm bored with school. But no worries for me: seven more exams and I'm done :D

I've been writing a lot lately, and I think I'm going to be extending my series (non-W101 related). In fact, I assign songs to my books based on how they've either inspired me or relate to the theme of the novel. For example, my finished-editing-in-progress-failed-NaNo-novel, A Broken Web (it was A Glass Web, but I changed it), song is Demons by Imagine Dragons.

I actually got the idea after listening over and over to Radioactive (also Imagine Dragons), and from that I bore a whole new sequel called A Withered Web (which is technically book five if you're going chronologically). 

And then today I realized that each book so far in the series is paired - i.e. the characters have two novels of adventures before it moves on the to next set. For a long time, book 5 was going to be all by itself... until I made a map of epicocity.


Okay, given it needs some editing to make it more official looking, I'm saving up for this software called Campaign Cartographer 3. Right now, that's a... er... stolen picture from google images. Hey, I did erase a bunch of islands and make it all green and blue... BTW, the weird, straight line in the Shiftyng Sands territory... that's suppose to be like that :)

Anyway, see in the bottom left? Yeah, The Rotten Lands of War - aka, the setting of book 6!! ^_^ I inspire myself in the weirdest of ways.

I have a hand drawn map for settings of books 1 and 2. I also need to handdraw the settings of books 3 and 4, because those have a very specific land layout.

Book 5 was special because it had no land layout yet. So... now it does!

I'll be back on Monday, but with game updates.

Laterz!
~Emma

2 comments:

  1. Use Autorealm! It's free and ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. If you have questions, just e-mail me!

    ReplyDelete

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...