Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Book Update - Black Ivy is having a major change

So, now that schools out and such, I've finally been revisiting my editing process for Black Ivy (BI), and I've come to a huge conclusion:

A series.

Remember when I talked about the upcoming fanfic Maelstrom (M)? Yes, that was planned to be a companion to BI, but it wasn't going to have any major connections. However, due to ignoring math class and writing in my notebook that exact story, I ended up drawing a lot more similarities than I meant to.

When I finished BI, I knew there was going to be a sequel for it, taking place many years later and involving characters from that book. What happened was that M became the middleman of this series.

Whether or not it'll go beyond three books is beyond me, but right now it's a trilogy of sorts.

However I wanted to connect it more, so I added a hidden concept to all three. It involved some major editing to the ending of BI, but in the end I think it worked out :)

Another major change is also the titles. No long are the first two books called Black Ivy and Maelstrom, but they are now known as Shadow Rising (SR) and Chasing Shadows (CS - it takes place 4 years after SR). I don't know what your opinion of the new titles are, but the titles are now much more relavent to the underlining plot of each book. (The third book is called Shadow's Trial (S'sT - takes place 21 years after CS), by the way.)

The series, you may as well know, is called The High Bane Chronicles. The name is more or less fully explained in book 2, introduced in book 1, and hit with multiple cinder blocks, a grand piano, and set ablaze in book 3.

So I hope to get the ending of BI-now-SR up soon, now with school out and such :D

There will likely be a fourth book after, knowing how my mind works and all. I just can't hold in the inspiration XD

And I was on W101 this evening, so I didn't break my promise. Okay, maybe by a day, but I was sick and had to make up exams, so technically TODAY was my last day of school. Anyhoo, I checked out some of the new updates and such, then quested on my alt Elizabeth Jadewraith.

But I also discovered something else super awesome:
There's this program called Parallels that allows you to run Windows on a Mac - which means I could play P101.
^_^
So hopefully within this week that'll be downloaded and I'll have some adventures from Silver Emma - once again far too behind everyone else as per usual (I swear, that'll never ever change).

From the land of inspiration,
Laterz!
~Emma

2 comments:

  1. First off, really, you didn't pay attention in math! We use math on the blog to count how many page review or comments we have, blog posts, etc.!


    That is nice you are going to get to play Pirate101 again, we get Lt Springer, Gracie Conrad, Catbeard, and someone special that I have to leave it at "It's a Surprise!" for the name but he is buccaner and the others are all privateers, first three privateers for swashbucklers and they are all obtained from the main questline in the same skyway, except the buaccaner companion though, he is from the Aquila main questline. I want the Serpent Augur although he is witchdoctor only from a side quest and I promised myself to not do Aquila side quests so I can use the xp they give to get a boost on the next update which will be Valencia sense we currently know there is a stormgate to Aquila in Valencia and even if you haven't finished the Aquila you can still watch videos on Youtube that show it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow down Cass, remember how the computer crashed at level 6? I'm no where near Valencia let alone Aquila, but I'll keep those companions in mind! But yeah, it is nice to get on again, no matter how little time I started with :)

      Delete

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...