Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Summer's Over

Ok, for some reason I've really wanted to do a reflective summer post, but I just have no idea what to say O.o

Well, I know I definitely have to talk about the book I finished not ten minutes ago, called A Cast of Stones : The Staff and the Sword, first book in a series and I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.
Strangely, I didn't read very much this summer. I just couldn't get into any books, no matter how good they were. Heckhounds, I could barely get into my own writing -_-

I saw this book sitting innocently on the shelf while I was waiting for my harp lesson to be over at our local library. It looked interesting, and I picked it up a couple times, but put it back because I thought it was more MA than YA (it's YA). But a "rate this book" slip was in the cover, and the four people who had read it rated it 5 out of 5 - so in the end I checked it out.

It took me two weeks to read, but let me tell you, the ending is SUPER CRAZY I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!! This world is beautifully crafted, and the characters are incredibly real; not to mention the culture, though original, stayed true to actually, medieval concepts.

You guys definitely need to check it out - it's a series worth reading! (And you should totally listen to me because of my explicable taste in literature XD).


I also thought over my series project a lot. Not only the editing of book one, but of the entire order of the books. I came up with a pretty good idea to send some people into thinking deeply over the history of my world, so I think I'll go through with this change.

(I know that probably sounded confusing, but bear with me :3)

So basically, one of the books in the series I hope to finish this school year (again). My goal is one chapter a month, and two chapters in months with week vacations. If I can crank out more, that'd be wonderful! I'll try to keep you guys posted on that.


I also feel closer with a lot of my online friends - you guys are super amazing, and I don't know how I would survive without you :D Just throwing that out there, since it's true.


I'm also going to prepare myself for NaNoWriMo during October, and this time I'm going to do so in a way to make sure I succeed. You guys know I've never ever ever accomplished that TT_TT This year I mean to make a difference!

*does majestic victory pose*


Anyhoo, I'm also glad I have a gaming schdule - that clears things up for me as well as for you! (Since I play multiple games, you never know where I am #feellikeaninja.)

Laterz!
~Emma

2 comments:

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...