Monday, August 20, 2012

Nearly, Nearly and New Beginnings

Nearly done.

Just a little bit more and the first chapter will be edited.

It's taking a little bit because I have a friend helping me with grammar. Apparently I switch between present and past a lot. And I mean A LOT. But besides that it's going good.

Nearly done.

Secondly, after I finished Black Ivy I had writers block. And believe me, it was MAJOR writers block. It was like a conundrum epiphany. I started rereading past fanfic's I've started, and began rewriting a couple I never thought to continue.

Surprisingly finding something new to write about is hard. I've finished so little of my writings that clearly I have some sort of problem. How many have I started? 15? 20?

How many have I finished?

2.

That's saying something.

I kinda came up with a new idea for a fanfic referring the new MMORPG (eden eternal) I started, but I've playing it for two days, that's not long enough to really get into a serious fanfic.

Don't ask me how long I've been playing W101. Too long.

A note on W101 fanfic's that I've read is that they are ALL amazing and give a different twist the same plot. Hear that? Same plot. Seemingly every one I've read has Malistaire getting pinned as the evil guy. Poor him! Cut him some slack!

I don't even remember why he's made evil in the game. Why does he want to take over Wizard City? Why does he want to take over Krokotopia? Marlybone? Mooshu? At least it ends in Dragonspyre. And how does it begin in Celestria? If you asked me the name of antagonist there, all I could tell you is that is starts with M.

Main point is: the poor old Death Professor keeps getting beat up.

Usually, I try to avoid mentioning that opinion because I don't know if I'll offend anyone who has that kind of plot. But even though most stories are alike in that context of Malistaire being the antagonist, ALL the fanfic's I've read are filled with creativity and suspense and unique events that NO ONE ELSE can write except that person. They're amazing and I love reading them and tasting all the different styles of writing that everyone has. It's such an awesome experience reading all those fantastic stories that people come up with.

I'll admit, Black Ivy has more of that original theme mentioned above in it. (I can't give too much away, it'll ruin it [literally].) It's a twist.

I think a lot of wizards have thought of that as well. Caroline Dawnrunner's fanfiction is making the antagonist look like an Ice Wizard. She hasn't posted any new parts up lately, so I'm hoping she does soon, I want to find out more!
Cori Deaththron's recent story update gave a lot of background information on Malistaire's life, and the personality she gave Moolinda Wu was something I had never thought of!
Sierra Winterbreeze, who finished her fanfic this year, put a lot of harshness on the Balance school, and put a lot of interesting characters of Sorcery in, and you could never tell if they were good or evil.
Alexandra Stormrider has yet to finish her's, but her events are thick and the characters interesting. Her humor makes you laugh and the suspense makes you keep reading.

And those are only four authors. There are so many other amazing authors out there who have their own ideas, so if your one of those authors and your reading this, get to writing!

With this in mind, my options for a new fanfic have opened up.

So, some ideas I came up with:
  • Why Storm and Myth are opposites
  • A sequel for GWB
  • Two people connected, one in the Spiral, the other on Earth
  • A new academy (note: this wouldn't be like school of shadow or anything)
  • Forget fanfictions, I'll write my own!

The ending result?
#4

Not really sure what's it's called yet. I'm thinking to name it Moon Glitter. The general plot is a rivalry between this unnamed academy, and Ravenwood. Remember the prologue thing I posted a while ago? It was titled The Arcane Spire, well, it's sort of going to follow that.

Ahywho, the creative juices are flowing! No time to waste! On to writing!

Laterz!
~Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...