Thursday, August 16, 2012

IT'S. DONE.

You heard me right everybody! Black Ivy is officially finished! Right down to the last word! A total of 69 pages, 25,435 words, and 5 chapters. Yes, only five. Surprisingly. Originally it was only going to be 4 with an epilogue, but I changed it.

So here's how it's going to go:

I'm going to take down all parts except chapter one. Why? Because I'll be editing all of them, and sending them into W101 to be up for choosing to be published on their site. FUNESS! Once chapter one is done editing, I'll repost it up here, and send it in. If it's accepted, I'll edit chapter two and send that it, but NOT posting it up. Once all five parts are posted on the website, I'll post them up here as well.

If, however, they are not accepted onto the website, then once a week (keep me in line for this will ya?) I'll post the next part.

So, I may as well give you the chapter titles. I love naming my chapters. However, if they go up on the W101 website, they'll be call 'part one', 'part two', etc. Here they will be called chapters and have titles. Some you will recognize, the others you will not:
  • Chapter One - destiny (14 pgs)
  • Chapter Two - the nightmare (14 pgs)
  • Chapter Three - ascending (9 pgs)
  • Chapter Four - olden (28 pgs)
  • Chapter Five - effloresce (4 pgs)

Short huh? Long pages, short number of chapters. 28 pages? That's long! I usually hate it in books when they have crazy long chapters. So should I spit it into two? I could, it totally works, but I want you guys opinion on it.

Okay?
Cool.
Moving on.

Sarai is level 25, working in the Well of Spirits, however she also got the quest to go to Wysteria, so she's going to work on / finish that world first. Then maybe start on Grizzleheim, cause she finally decided to go there. She went to the Bazaar and sold extra, useless gear and snacks. She keeps updating on gear when she reaches new levels, constantly sporting Life-only gear in the colors of green and gold.

So I took her example and went to the Bazaar myself, seeing as I had extra stuff to sell since I had been questing lately (before Sarai that is). And thus I brought my meager 7,000 gold up to 25,000 gold. Then I spent 5,000 on four new scrolls, as well as three new floor patterns.

Speaking of floor patterns, when I get on the right computer, I have screen shots wondering which flooring I should use in my MFP throne room. One is the original grassing flooring, the new one is light green grassy flooring with little "hills" in it, and lastly is sandstone cobblestone.

Oh, and one more update. No, just because the blog didn't go through with the makeover doesn't mean that W101 will be the only game I shall be playing. Besides the soon-to-come Pirate101, I've been researching other MMORPG's.

(For those of you who may not know, MMORPG stands for massive-multiplayer-online-role-playing-games. No worries, I didn't figure it out for a long time myself. And if you already know, good for you!)

One of which is called Eden Eternal. Now, compare and contrast all you want, but EE has WAY better graphics than W101. I'm not putting them down or anything, but these graphics are nearly as good as Final Fantasy. For those of you like anime style graphics, various combat techniques, and more than just seven classes, you may want to check it out.

I'm looking for a variety okay? That's why I was happy when I heard KI came out with P101, because there's a new combat system, and different classes that have different abilities (other than magic all around). In EE there are 16 classes, each with totally different atributes (I'm speaking generally, some vocations are grouped, like three classes are labeled as "melee" and all do massive damage) you get a variety of powers. Not to mention you can change vocations whenever you want (when you have the appropriate level).

Watch the trailer on the homepage, I find it just to inspirational! I find my feelings toward it are similar to the three-part W101 commercials that were released. Fantastic! Captivating! Motivating! It makes you want to play the game.

Which, I'm sure, was their goal. So good job KI! Call it mission accomplished!

Well, that's all for now. I'll get back to you in a couple days with the first chapter, up and edited! (For once...)

Laterz!
~Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...