Tuesday, August 21, 2012

House Tour #1

Which house? Sorry guys but this is a thing I built on Minecraft. I don't remember whether or not I mentioned it but I got it a couple weeks ago because my parents owed me money.
:)
So I've been playing it in my spare time.

At one point in a world I named "Rainflower" (type: creative) I finally decided to get over my annoyance with wintry landscapes and build something there. I wasn't sure what exactly, so I just started with a slab of lapis lazuli ore 7x7. And what came from that was a totally epic series of floating 7x7 rooms.

I'll admit it's not one of the most astounding things ever created. Just search Minecraft on youtube and you'll find a whole ton of more awesome things to do that Minecraft addicts do willy-nilly 24/7.

If you don't like Minecraft, you don't have to read this. It's a bunch of pictures as I give the tour of the building.

I renamed the world "Winterhaven", and the buildings became a school.

Read on and hopefully enjoy.

------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the wonderful academy in the north! In the middle of a freezing cold snow plain and with mountains on practically every side, you child can experience the best education of a life time!

The lovely arch way that you enter as you catch your first glimpse of the school:

The matching sign names the school:

The first building you enter. You only go through this building when you enter, or if you wish to exit the school.

Inside to the left is a large book shelf that keeps rare books that students can use for extra credit. On the right are spare crafting tables and furnaces for the teachers and cooks. This is also know as the teachers lounge, and is off limits for students.

A look of the roof. Every room as a roof like so, though used with different materials. Each also has a glowstone at the top for extra lighting.

Up the stairs we go. Each stairway has rails.

An open court yard. Made of mysterious sand that is a constantly warmer temperature than that around it, makes the place a nice hang about for students. They come here in their free time and during lunch break.

To the right is a walkway to the library, our largest building on site.


Inside are many, many books that students can use whenever they want. Whether its for a project or for free reading, this two floor library has it all!



Back outside, we continue out way up to the first dormitory. This room has much travel through it and to keep it less awkward (this really has no point, it was the best excuse I could come up with) we keep families here. Sisters, brothers, and such.

*Amethyst
Family Dormitory

All three dormitory rooms look alike. To keep it simple, this one picture will be shown.

Students can also hang around in the courtyard in front of the dormitories. Two trees grow to give the place more life, as well as the grass around which they grow.

*Jade
Boys Dormitory

*Amber
Girls Dormitory

Up the set of stairs brings you to a little platform from which you may head further up to the right or to the left.

First, lets go up left....

Up several flights of stairs bring you to this sandstone building.

Inside is the crafting room for students, as well as enchanting. It is also used as a study hall room.

This time to the right you finish the flight of stairs in a glass and lapis lazuli building.

This is the observatory and green house. Where flowers are kept and tenderly grown.

The glass walls and ceiling allow for plenty of sun light.

Looking up at the glass ceiling at night when its snowing is very enchanting (complete truth, it really is).

Up more more stairs, we come to a building made of bedrock.

Inside is very open due to the iron bared windows, it is where we keep monsters that help guard the room after this.

(Okay, I know they're "villages", but the Zombie Pig Men died when it became day, soooo.... it's villagers for now.)

The room they guard is down these steps...

All you can see through the tiny window on this iron door is what looks like vines on a bookshelf... (And there's also a painting, but I missed that in the screen shot.)


Around the school are several house. One of which is made of emerald and emerald ore. This two story building is just.... yeah, it's just there.

I actually forget what's in here. But it's there and it's a house, so I took a picture!

This is a brick bridge that is built over the icy river to the final two houses.

A lapis lazuli house surrounded by water....

And one on the top of a mountain with a porch.

Well that's it everybody! I hoped you enjoyed the tour of this fine school up in the north. See how it glows in the night? That is only a little glimpse of the this truly wonderful school.


------------------------------------------------

Basically that was from the POV of an advertiser, or the headmaster maybe. I don't know.

It's the only good thing that I've ever really built. Well, I did build a really awesome house in the rainforest, same world (why it was originally called "Rainflower") but I can't find it now.

Oh well.

I might be on later to take pictures of my MPF, I've wanted to have a tour of that since I finished decorating it. Plus, I really want to get Sarai to Marlybone so she can buy a house there.

Laterz!
~Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...