Monday, January 2, 2012

Little Late But Who Cares?

So, today is January 2nd and yesterday was my wizversary. So, yeah. One day late. But I was having an extremely lazy day yesterday and didn't feel like doing anything.
Good news is that my dad cleaned out our computer so I can play W101 again!!!!!


I was mostly typing. A different story, not a new one. Well, a recently new one. It's called The Barren Lands. It's basically about this girl names Kailana (name courtesy of my cousin, Katie Summerleaf) who lives in the country Suryna, a country surrounded completely by mountains and it is constantly winter. They live a four-month journey away from two other countries. Canala, a tropical paradise, and Azulei, a plain land. Both are at war with eachother. In between them and Suryna there is land that stretches as far as the eye can see. It cannot be made into farm land and is, in other words, inhospitable. This the Barren Lands.
In Suryna there is a statuette called Sirsol, or, the Founded Ice Angels.
One night Kailana awakes from a bad dream and upon hearing a cracking noise from outside she goes  to investigate. Once in Sirsol Circle (or the main square, where the statuette is) the two angels come to life and claim that Kailana is their lost sister because her blood awakened them from the spell the Magi, Terlin, cast on them.
Kailana says she is no angel. Pyri, the Angel of Sight and Oracle of Justice, gives Kailana her eyes so that Kailana may find the other sister. Pyri places a blindfold around her eyes and then she and Jiana (the other angel, Angel of Truth other and Oracle of something or other) go back to being statuettes.
The kingdom (the capitol of Suryna) is in an outrage the next morning when they find that one of the angels is missing her eyes. (The eyes are sapphires by they way, not real eyeballs, that would be weird!)

Anyway, eventually Kailana leaves Suryna by going through the secret pass in the mountains, and travels out into the Barren Lands in search of the Sapphire Dragons, rare beasts that none have captured, hoping to find an answer to the Founded Ice Angels prophecy which she hears some time between then and now (honestly, I haven't even written it yet, I'm in an un-rhyming mood at the moment).
Eventually she'll team up with some other people but I'm not that far into it yet. I don't know whether or not I'll make is a series, but either way it has a subtitle (Mystery of the Founded Ice Angels), how convenient.

Oh, and I was also rereading Rise of the Golden Knight (on my every story page), and I was surprised I'm not continuing it. It wasn't a bad start.
I know I know.
I've got GWB and ETCI to rewrite and edit etc etc. Plus now I've got TBL and any other story I find or start from now till then (whenever then is).

So, yeah.
After all that I'm wonder whether or not you remembered it was my wizversary... yesterday.
....?
I don't know.
Well, it's actually a study hall right now and I really should be doing history (why is it always history?). So, I'll just say that I'm happy it's snowing..... *looks out window* Or..... was snowing anyway. I'm sure it will again.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!


Laterz!
~Emma

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY WIZVERSARY EMMA! WOOOO WIZVERSARY!

    *insert balloons, party poppers, streamers, party hats, cake, and similar fun things here*

    But EMMA! All these stories! Are you doing this deliberately to make me more and more excited? THE SUSPENSE IS TOO MUCH. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also I noticed you changed your profile and I was like "AHHHHHHHHHH HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE" because I JUST YESTERDAY got that on my kindle because I wanted to reread it and yeah that's about it sorry random outburst. (And I'll keep quiet about it as well, shhhh.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Alex, I like making you freak out by starting 100 different stories.... XD Just kidding! But sorry if I'm making you excited. Wait, that's a good thing. Okay, if I OVER-excite you, sorry!

    And yum, cake. And streamers. Those are fun. And THANK YOU SO MUCH!! You. Are. Amazing!!

    And as far as HHG goes, it's pretty epic I think. The beginning is a real hooker.
    C:

    ReplyDelete

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...