Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Exploring with Design

No, not blog design. For the moment I'm past that. Now I'm just playing around, familiarizing myself with a website my friend Destiny recomendad called pixlr.com. Mind you I'm messing with the o-matic that's insanely simple and straight forward. Just right for me!

Here's one I did:
I did this effect called 'Hagred' (odd I know) that made the colors and color boarders pop more, then added that swirly boarder around the whole thing. I like it a lot.
With these next two I have story thing behind each.
---
Someone looks into a scrying glass and sees Valencia bathed in an ethereal glow while its slowly being broken apart. A certain doom awaited the world and this one person knew about it. But what could they do? Who would believe their premonition? No one would, for most would enjoy seeing Valencia's demise. It's prime hour would be its last...
-----
The attic was dingy and musty and, even though the rain outside was cold, humid. The person rubbed their nose. Though they didn't have allergies, being in such a dank room was making them sneeze profusely. 
Grudgingly, they picked up yet another old, cardboard box and flipped open the old flaps, sending up a cloud of moist dust. Resisting the urge to hack up a lung, they gently pulled out the boxes contents: an old wooden box, a mice bitten book, and a... photo record?
The person lifted out the large scrapbook with extreme carefulness. It thick cover held years of gray dust, the photo on the cover had faded to bleak gray, its scene now impossible to make out. The person gently wiped away some dust, then opened it up.
Covering the first page was a old photo of a women standing in a garden, holding a rose. Since the picture was in black and white, it was hard to tell what color the rose was. Around the rest of the page were faded flower petal and bits of string. Someone had once written notes on the side, but now the curly ink writing was nearly faded it invisible.
The person flipped through the pages, wondering what each photo could mean, and what the person had written on the margines beforehand. When a piece of paper slipped out from between the pages, the person nearly jumped a mile. Shaking from apprehension, they bend down and pick up the paper. It was a photo, its original sticking having worn away so it fell out. 
It was a photo unlike any other. It had color to it, for one, but was smudged with dirt. Carefully the person rubbed away the dirt. Some of it wouldn't come off, giving the photo a hardy look to it.
The scene of the photo itself was one the person recognized instantly: Valencia. But what were the streaks of ethereal light behind it? And why was it so dark? The photo gave the person an ominous feeling, and they no long had any interest in the dust they had been complaining about not too long ago. 
Now they wanted to know how took this photo, and what it told.
---

Eh? Like it? Yeah, that last one was a little long, but you had to get the background so it made sense. Well, I think it may involve part of the plot in Winterstar, which I will work on much more after November. 

Speaking of the current month, I got a counting widget! Also, not that this might be considered increasingly interesting, but AGW is split into 4 parts, and I got a friend (who's an really good editor) to edit part one.

OH! On a more interesting note, much more so, I don't think Black Ivy part one was sent in.
My bad...
So I'll try resending. Maybe I'll have better luck when I check to see if it's up.
So~...

Also:
Come on people! Don't be shy, ask me a question.

Laterz!
~Emma

4 comments:

  1. I really like it! I'd love to show you a few tricks that I learned with express then advanced!

    Des

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome! I'm pretty much a novice at this.

      Delete
  2. Note: I'm commenting here because your other blog won't let people without accounts of some kind comment

    I noticed that you don’t have a skin yet. There’s a cool website called Miners Need Cool Shoes that allows you to make your own skin for Minecraft. It’s pretty easy to do.

    Also, regarding the loss of your Minecraft worlds, it’s possible to retrieve them with a thumb drive. On your old computer, you type “%appdata%” in the start menu and go to your Minecraft files. Select the saves file and it should have a list of your worlds. Just move them to your thumb drive and transfer them to the saves file on your new computer, and then you’ll be set! I’m not sure how it works on a mac, though.

    From,
    Some random person who reeds both of your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!! Thanks Sarah/random person.
      I'll check out it out, and go fix that commenting problem -_-
      Funnily enough, my friend was talking to me about skins as well. I should check that out.
      As for transferring worlds, I am on a mac, but start and Finder and basically the same thing, but I guess MineCraft's an exception from that routine :) Thanks for the advice though!

      Delete

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...