Thursday, May 10, 2012

Brains or Brawn?

I'd say brains AND brawn.

Hey, it's me again. I happen to have some spare time on my hands to give an update about an awesome blogger and his amazing accomplishment. Calamity, Nathan, and Alric will be back. If you don't like them this can be your post of temporary freedom.
:)

Anyway, here's the update: Friendly (specifically Thomas Lionblood) works for KingsIsle now.

Wait...... WHAT!?

Yeah, exactly. Check out the post and story here. Believe me, you want to read it.

So after reading this I decided to make a little confession thing. No, I did not steal the cookies. That was probably the hobgoblin if you want the truth.

For a while, maybe about a year now, I've been thinking about being a game designer. Working for KingsIsle would be AWESOME but if that doesn't happen then that's okay. As long as it's in a nice environment then that's fine.

Specifically that'd be game content designer. Coming up with the plot line and all that. Originally it was game designer / game graphic designer but you need a major in art. And you should know from me telling you that drawing / painting / etc is... well... not my thing.

But one of the requirements for a KI job (just to know the basics here) is to have worked with a team at the place called World Building using Hero Engine. I found these videos (three specifically) of a team creating a landscape for a game.

Anyway, that's just what I was looking at. Not saying you have to go and become a video game designer or anything now. Your life is your life and your dreams are your dreams. However, the reason why Friendly's accomplishment means a lot to me is because it's proof that such a dream, working for KI, is actually possible.

I have to admit that since I've thought about there's always been a little doubt in my mind that it would never happen. That I could never get a job in such an awesome place that can create such a great community with such intricate detail.

But now?

Heck yeah, now I'm aiming for the top!

And you know the best part? Usually for people who want jobs concerning video games you have to have played a lot of them.

So...... YAY! Now I have a legitimate excuse to play more games! I mean, it's all part of the job you know?

And you know what else? This whole day can be summed up in one picture:


Yeah man.

So let's just end for the classical:
Believe in yourself and you'll accomplish your dreams.

Laterz!
~Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...