Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Some Details And A Writing/Gaming Schedule

  Emma strode into the conference room with a purpose. Sliding into the sleek and official-looking wheel-y chair, she slapped at a loose strand of brown hair hanging in her face before slapping the folder of papers down in front of her. She surveyed her audience -- both real and imaginative -- before flipping open the folder with a hand well practiced in the arts of magic casting and cutlass wielding.

  "Now," Emma started, her tone hinting that what she was about to say was of the utmost importance, "you're probably wondering why I've gathered you here today..."




For those of you who, you know, read my fanfictions, then this is more of a post for you. If you don't read them, well, read on anyway.

So, in case you haven't noticed (which you probably have), I am horrible at actually getting any fanfiction up here. I was barely able to finish Shadow Rising without trashing the whole thing (of course, then it expanded into a trilogy, but enough about that). Basically, I think I need to amend some of my fanfiction projects that are starting to collect some dust.

That is, make them shorter.

What I think I'm going to do is this: rather than spontaneously coming up with a whole bunch of random new ideas that may or may not contradict each other, I think I'm going to just do some short stories right now.

Like, SHORT short stories.

(As short as I can get them anyway.)

None of the ideas are going to be trashed EXCEPT for one.

I feel really bad, especially after spending so much time planning it, but I think Winterstar needs to go. I'm just not feeling it at all. Though I do like the idea of the Wizarding Spiral and the Pirating one colliding in some weird phenomenon, I don't think the plot behind Winterstar would display that as much as I'd like.

And I kind of stole the idea of Stormy Isidora and put her into my original novel.

:)

Oh well, I liked the idea while it lasted.

OH, and some info concerning Generation WizBot... Is there anything really to say? I can't decide if I should rewrite the whole thing or just keep editing it. I like the first version, but I'm afraid I've lost it in the depths of the interwebz and google drive Q_Q It was a pretty bad first draft anyway, I wrote it three years ago, so obviously my writing is better now :p

Anyhoo, here's my December schedule!!


I did mention my novel wasn't finished, didn't I? Yes, writing is most certainly NOT over for me by any measure of distance. I have a goal to finish my novel by the end of the year (much like how I did it last year). I have an idea for the final word count of the novel, which results in writing 1500 words a day, but there is NO WAY I can do that. Not after November XD So I'm relying on those little writing bursts that will hopefully come now and again in hopes that finishes the novel for me :)


Anyway, in other news I have the saddest excuse ever to being injured...

I over extended my arm muscles playing LoZ, Skyward Sword.

...Yeah.

Walk up to your friends like, "Yeah, I hurt myself this weekend."
Them: "Oh really? Aw, you poor thing, how?"
Me: "Playing Wii."
Them: "..."
Me: "WHAT?"
Them: "Go do pushups."
Me: "But I'm hurt - "
Them: -_-
Me: "Alright, alright!"

So... that's all! Have a nice December and may it snow bountifully ^_^
~Emma

2 comments:

  1. Lol, your writing style sounds like me. I've only finished 2 novels, both the first in a trilogy or series but then it loses it's spark at the second novel. >_<

    ~Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've finished 1.3 books of a series, about as close as I've gotten haha. I certainly understand losing the spark, especially with school >_>

      Delete

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...