Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas's Eve

So my family has a tradition that we each open one present on Christmas's Eve. I don't know how it started, probably when I was 4 or 5 years old, and I couldn't wait a second longer and just had to open a present right then and there.

This year, today actually, my dad chose to give me this particular present due to the "cold weather we've been having lately." (Everything is still covered in ice, but at least the roads are [mostly] safe now!) I was expecting a pair of boots, but instead I got a sweatshirt.

Now, putting it like that may make it seem like I'm disappointed, but not at all!

The sweatshirt says: Careful or you'll end up in my novel.

:D

I don't have many items of clothing that have words on them, but this is by far my favorite sweatshirt right now XD (Kind of like this, only picture a dark green, hoodie-sweatshirt, and the script is papyrus).

In other, quicker news, I've read the most this week than I have ALL [school] year. I finally finished A Game of Thrones (by George R.R. Martin, though you probably knew that) (and it only took my two months), and I also finished The Lost Gate (by Orson Scott Card), which is a mash up ALL the ancient legends/mythology, from Norse to Greek to Egyptian (basically we've got both Bel and Thor here XD).

I have also completely failed to write much this month. Oh well, what can I say? NaNo wore me out and I'm lucky to even finish my English homework XD Just kidding, but I have been getting new ideas lately :)

I also haven't been on any sort of game this month save a couple hours on Zelda : Skyward Sword (I only died once!!).

We've also had the most Christmas lights up around the house ever. We have blinking ones around the kitchen; some tinsel ones around the lamp in the old living room; the Christmas tree up stairs and old lights around a what-may-or-may-not-be-considered chandelier; and then, of course, year-round ones in my bedroom XD


In other news, I was making a smoothie the other day, and you know when the blade gets to that point where it's not chopping up the frozen fruit? Well, it got to that part, so I stop it, take off the lid, and stick the spoon in to stir it up.

...Well, the blade wasn't quite done spinning.

Basically, smoothie erupted into my face.

I thought it was funny, so I was laughing as I go get a washcloth. Once I clean up most of it, I go back to making my smoothie.

Then my dad's comes over and was "supervising" when there's this splat.

A strawberry had fallen from the ceiling. We both look up and see that the ceiling is pretty much covered in smoothie...


So that's been my week (since Friday) so far :) Hopefully this streak of no-game-play will end soon and I'll also finish Symphony of Storms sooner or later.

Happy Early/Belated Holidays!
~Emma

2 comments:

  1. Awesome sweatshirt! :)

    LOL at that smoothie story. I can totally relate. Once, I was shaking this box of special lactose-free milk and I wasn't holding down the flip top, and milk splashed all over my whole family and I didn't get wet at all. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha nice! I almost did the same thing with cookie dough (not sure how...).

      Delete

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...