Saturday, November 30, 2013

Meh? Meh.

So now I have to write posts again.

After writing a bunch of action and character conflicts, this feels really weird.

For me, my thoughts are along the lines of: here I am to monologue again!

I mean, I did spend some time on P101 on Wednesday.

Like, five hours.

:)

And I didn't accomplish anything. Most of it was me failing to play my Buccaneer alt, Sarcastic Maeve, so in the end I switched to my Swashbuckler alt, and found that much easier to play with. I think there's a large amount of skill requirement for each class, more so than I realized.

Also, my novel's not done.

But I definitely need to take a break from it for now. I think I might go work on book two. I mean, it takes place at the same time as book one, so people who read them simultaneously won't really get spoilers or anything.

It's book three that MUST be read third.

I really can't wait for book three x3

Anyway... What was I talking about?

I don't remember -_-

Oh right, my failure as a Buccaneer.

Eh, let's move past that.

I kinda feel like thanking people... I know Thanksgiving has passed (happy post-turkey day everyone!!), but I finished NaNo on that day... so I have a lot of be thankful for, and that includes people.

Firstly, thanks Destiny, for being my crazy-NaNo and plot-rambling buddy :)
And thank you for time differences so I wasn't alone at 1am with writer's block XD

And thanks Sophia and Elizabeth, for finishing (if not this year, then years prior) and proving that this isn't impossible. Well, and thanks to Des for proving that too. Every month that NaNo rolls around I think of your guys and am like: "This is accomplishable!!"

Oh, and definitely thank you prep talks (the good ones anyway).

Writing in a nuthsell, as per the words of Bella Andre:

  • Decide to start my new book.
  • Do everything but start the book.
  • Make more big plans to start the book, for real this time.
  • Freak out about not starting the book.
  • Tell myself that tackling the non-writing items on my enormous to-do list is important, necessary work, so really, how could I start the book yet?
  • Tick through non-writing items on my to-do list… and get crankier by the day.
  • Force myself to sit down with my laptop and stare at the blank page and not get up until I’ve written at least 1,000 words.
  • Finally realize (yet again!) that the number-one thing to help both my career and my peace of mind is sitting down and writing. Every single day. From one book to the next.

For those of you who don't write, believe it.
For those of you who do write, we're on the same page.

AND THANK YOU FOR FRUIT SALADS!! Fruit salads are the best salads in the world, and I love them, and I ate them all the time while writing. Oh, which leads me to what I'm next thankful for: MUSIC. I would be completely insane by now without music. Enough said.

Oh, and there's a couple other people I'm thankful for, but they aren't associated with this blog, so it'd be weird to mention them.... *looks around awkwardly*

Anyhoo, that's what I'm thankful for in a nutshell. Want to know what I'm not thankful for? Homework. Basically I've been putting my homework off ALL WEEK, and today it kinda slapped me in the face with a brick and was all like, "Helllooooo!!?? I'm still here! :D" I told it to go away, but it wouldn't listen -_- Let's call it a hate-hate relationship. I'm also not thankful for retainers, because my teeth hurt a lot right now and I won't be able to eat breakfast in the morning. Okay, maybe I'm thankful that they keep my teeth straight, but... Let's call it a love-hate relationship :p

So that's pretty much it. Not much else to update. December is almost here, and I have to survive another three weeks of school before that vacation :( Ugh, the life of a student. Tiring. I'm going to go sleep now.

Night!
~Emma

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning me! Agreed on the love-hate relationship with retainer. :P I'm still wearing mine full time, and it's a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree on hating the retainer. Why do they make you wear a retainer LONGER than the actual braces?!?

    I understand the buccaneer failure thing too. Actually I've tried every class except buccaneer (I'll get around to it someday), and I'm terrible at all of them except swashbuckler. I mean, it's SO simple! No heals, no buffs, just charge and stab repeatedly. I love my swashbuckler. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sophia, you're welcome! I had bracers for 3 years, and now I have to wear retainers 2-3 times a week, but I neglected them for like... a month XD Not the brightest idea.

    @Roselyn, probably because they keep your teeth straight? Or so they want us to think.... O_o Hahaha, anyway. Buccaneer fails, woohoo! I mean, Privateer is easier, weird right? I love your describing Swashbuckler's statement: "no heals, no buffs, just charge and stab repeatedly" XD

    ReplyDelete

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...