Thursday, March 1, 2012

So I seem to have been seeing the word 'Sirens' pop up a lot, and that's just today!

Hiya everyone!

So It's true. I was on Wizard101 for about half an hour and suddenly I got a story idea.

...

Yeah, something's wrong with my brain, plus I'm addicted to music. I've been really praising in my head how amazing the music is in Wysteria. Plus there's a harp in part of it which makes it even better!!! So of course I get a story idea out of it. As it may have already been assumed, it may not be continued, but I'll keep it in mind. It's called The Siren's Song.

So really I just started typing and then came up with the title. Yeah, I know I know. Black Ivy is still being worked on don't worry. GWB editing is... well... slow but it's getting there. As far as Taken by Night... yeah, I may have to replace that page. But anyway!

Um, the story start from the last post is... I'm having some trouble getting the plot going. It's the beginnings I have trouble with. Once I get the events going though it's all good.

That's probably why I was able to finish GWB. Because in the first part BOOM! I have the plot tumbling and the characters with it. I'm hoping TSS can be the same way.

:)

The characters are Jasmine Rainhaven (level 47 Diviner) and Scarlet Silverthorn (level 48 Conjurer).

Really, I should make one an Ice Wizard because it is snowing like crazy right now. We have least a foot if not more outside. Looks like winter decided it should finally arrive.

Speaking of 'winter' that reminds me of my new DQIX game file. I did a play on words and came up with these names:

  • Rayne
  • Wynter
  • Tornaydo
  • Storym
Uh, yeah. That guys names really is Tornaydo. What!? I was running out of options! So yeah, the names are pronounced: Rain, Winter, Tornado, and Storm.

:)

Here's part of part one of TSS.
Enjoy!! (I hope...)

----------------------------------------

Jasmine Rainhaven
Rain pelted the stained glass window. Outside was dark as gray black clouds covered the evening sun. A flash of white purple lightning pierced the sky in the distance, briefly illuminating the water covered town.
I lean against the windowsill and watch the rain drops make rings in the gathering puddles. A small draft crept under the edge of the window and cold air brushed my skin. I shiver.
Rubbing my arms I break away from the scene outside and look around the large, warm, candle lit, living room of my family.
Mom was reading in a plush red chair in the corner.
Dad was playing a home version of Sorcery Stones with Deidre, my five-year-old sister.
Daniel, Deidre’s twin brother, was testing out play wands that cast different colored sparks on the floor. One bronze colored spark landed on a rough piece of parchment that belonged to Myrna, my eleven-year-old, smart aleck sister. She glared up at him in annoyance.
Kaitlyn, Jonathan, and Kyle, the six-and-a-half-year-old triplets (you have to add the ‘and-a-half’ part or they get angry) were arguing over who got to play with the test spells cards first. The cards summoned different creatures of different schools in miniature form before disappearing a minute or two later. The only problem was they could do actual damage (for example, a miniature Triton could zap someone with its miniature trident).
I sigh and lean against a book shelf. Being the oldest usually meant I had to watch over the younger ones. Mom had work (she helped with the machines in Celestia) from dawn till dusk and this time was the only free time she had. Dad helped Doctor Purreau in the hatchery most of the day. He was always tired when he got home, but he always had a spare moment to play some sort of game with Deidre. Myrna and I had school in the morning and then we were questing in the afternoon so we were both tired. Myrna was in the hot, dry, sun of Krokotopia all day. And I was in the cold in some places, hot in some places, barren, crumbled city of Dragonspyer.
So no one really wanted to deal with the twins and triplets.
I glance outside again at the constant downpour. I liked rain, I was a Diviner after all, but this kind was rather bleak and gray. I preferred the lively, blue rain that danced instead of just… fell.
“I’ll be up in my room,” I say. No one says anything; everyone was absorbed in whatever they were doing. I go up stairs to my room and shut the door. My room was slightly colder but once I had lit some candles it became a little warmer.
I pluck a few strings on my harp (that I had gotten in Krokotopia from way back when) to make sure it was still more or less in tune, then I plop down on my bed and take out my school folder labeled STORM.
School and homework were always fun because Professor Balestorm was such a fun and energetic teacher. But for some reason tonight I didn’t feel like doing anything.
I look through the list of Storm spells. Ones I had learned and ones I had yet to. I was really looking forward to learning Leviathan. It was pretty powerful. Then again, so was Sirens. Sirens only did 880 damage, but they also leave -50% accuracy on all, reduce threat on all, and remove two charms from all.
So it was a pretty powerful spell to say the least. I couldn’t wait to learn it.
Then again, I was only a level 47 and hadn’t even learned Storm Lord yet so I had a long way to go.
I put the spell list back in the folder and close it. It was now the weekend so I didn’t have to go my homework just yet. I should worry more about this horrid rain letting up so it can be replaced by some proper rain.
But of course some people just want the rain to leave all together.
ĦĦĦ
Scarlet Silverthorn
I hate the rain! I want it to leave!
I scowl at the sky and duck under a tree in the Commons. I was still a fair bit from home. I lived next to the Library, but Rainbow Bridge was practically flooded and I didn’t want to get any more wet than I already was.
Holding my Spell Book over my head (which probably wasn’t the smartest idea) I continued my way around the pond to the other bridge. Hopefully it wasn’t as dangerous to cross, since it was near a drain and all.
My theory was correct and I had easy passing and I was standing on my front door. I smiled to myself as I thought of hot chocolate and a warm house as I snuggled tight into a blanket and read a book…
I frown on at the door handle. Locked. Alright then, where was my key…? I search my pockets, my back pack, the Spell Book… nothing. I groan. Great, I was locked out of my house in the pouring rain. Not to mention I was home alone. Mom was away all weekend in Mooshu trying to help the villagers with some sort of disease. And dad was stuck in Marlybone fixing the Air Ferry…
I kick the door and then regret doing so. Now I was soaking wet, and I had a sore toe. Could this day get any worse?
Stomping back through this horrible rain I go over to the most brightly lit house. The brighter the house, the more fire they had. And where’s there’s more fire there’s bound to be a Pyromancer there. And I would enjoy fire at the moment.
I knock on the door just as thunder rolls across the sky, drowning it out. I sigh, then knock again. 
----------------------------------------

So... yeah!
:)

Laterz!
~Emma



P.S.
Er, yes. That is a new header. I did tell you. I'm gonna have a bunch of new ones until I find the right one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...