Sunday, September 1, 2013

Emma Was Drawing

* gasp! *

Ok, first off, let me clarify a great metaphor of life: School is like a bowl of candy; sometimes you get a sweet one, sometimes one get one that makes your tongue fall off and you pass out on the floor while bleeding from your ears.

Moving on from that (in other words, school has actually been fun so far, thanks for asking), I have actually been working really really hard on a picture of Suri Rain / Silverwillow. If you ever read School of Shadow, she was the main character.

However awesome her plot line was, the fanfic failed :( BUT, she makes a reappearance in the third book of the series: The High Bane Chronicles in Shadow's Trial, but as Sarae (thought the name change would be cool and/or show it's difference).

Anyway, at one point in the book, Sarae takes on a really epic uniform called 'Shadow Armor' - it's not extremely relevant to the plot line, so I don't mind sharing :) An age ago, I started trying to draw her, but due to my lack of artistic ability with the pen and pencil (save doodling smiley faces), I gave up :/

But now I'm persevering! I've been doing my best to work out the cinks and details, and I've worked through my obsession of perfect symmetry - and now all that's missing is a face!

No matter how hard I try, I will never ever ever be able to draw a face, because my amends of suppressing my thing with symmetry did not include faces T_T"

For a teaser, check this out!

^^ Image credit to owner! ^^

I really hope to pick up editing Shadow Rising soon - I've got a lot to add to the ending so it fits in with the other two books. I have a lot of book 2, Chasing Shadows, written down in my notebook, I just need to find the time *cough*motivation*cough* to write it XD

---
“And then the golem crumbled into dust!” a voice exclaimed from down the hall.
“Like a big boom?”
“Bigger than a boom! High and tall kabam!”
Emma shuddered. The twins were home.
Blake and Liam Redsaun burst into the kitchen, talking loudly about the golem they had just fought. Following timidly behind them was Kimberly. Emma debates whether she should feel sorry for Sam or snicker at him.
“Hey mom!” yells Blake.
“Shush!” she snaps. “Storm Lord we're inside, quiet down!”
“When are Jenna and Kevin coming home?”
“Some time this week. You want pancakes?” Both boys loudly gave their affirmation, and Kimberly took a seat next to Emma. Emma realized that Sam had slipped off.

---

Just a quick glance into the life of a family with... 8 kids was it? I think I have a family of 8 minus the parents... this is going be so much fun.

Something different with S'sT is that I have a HUGE cast of characters, and it's going to be a challenge to keep track of all of them. Usually I have a very small cast, maybe topping at 6 - right now that list is going on 12 and maybe up to 15 (can't say at this point).

Anyway, family = lots of laughs (I'm hoping!)

I want to get the picture of Sarae up soon, but I won't promise because I don't know. I'll also try to get on P101 at least once, maybe twice, this week.

Laterz!
~Emma

2 comments:

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...