Thursday, May 2, 2013

10k Contest

(Took 26 reviews.)

Oh yes, here it is! And boy is there a lot to explain.

I've never actually held a contest before, and I've only participated in a few (like Sophia's, which was awesome), so this is a new and awesome experience for me, and I've been playing this whole post out in my head for months.

I'm hoping to deduce a contest you've never seen before. If you've seen something like it, then I'm hoping to put a spin on it. All are welcome ^_^

So read on, prepare for long lists, and enjoy :)


¬ABOUT
  • This is a point based contest.
  • Some challenges have a scale of points (e.g. 1-10 pts).
  • Some challenges have a set amount (e.g. 2 pts).
  • Harder challenges = more points.
  • More points = better prizes.
  • You can earn as many points as you want.
  • ALL entries are judged by me.

¬RULES!
  1. ALL MAY JOIN. First time here? No problem!! You and everyone are totally welcome :)
  2. NO links to entries, e-mail them!
  3. Title e-mail '10k Contest - entree's name - entry #'
              - (e.g. '10k Contest - Emma Dawnrider - 7)
  4. Send all entries to emmadawnrider@yahoo.com
  5. You can enter multiple times with multiple entries of the same or different categories. Not all entries have to be entered at once.
              - Try not to do one kind of entry every time.
  6. Make sure somewhere in the e-mail near the entry you label which category it is in (hey, it's not always obvious).
  7. All entries pertain to either Wizard101 or Pirate101 (or a mixture of both if you want!).

(Now for some super important stuff...)

¬CATEGORIES
  • Writing
1) Short Story: (5-15 pts)
-- Write a short story about a real OR fictitious event in your characters life.
-- Maximum 1,500 words, minimum 500.

2) Longer Story: (10-25 pts)
-- Write a short story about a real OR fictitious event in your characters life.
-- Maximum 5,000 words, minimum 2,000.

3) Poem: (5-10 pts)
-- Can be any length.

4) Conversation: (5-10 pts)
-- A recorded, grammatically corrected, conversation between yourself and a friend(s), or one that you heard. 
-- Copy down whole thing, send one screen shot proof.
-- Can be any length, give a little background if needed.

  • Drawing / Creations
1) By Hand: (10-25 pts)
-- Color, pencil, paint, sewn, pasta sculpture, anything goes!
-- Take a picture.

2) Virtually Created: (10-20 pts)
-- Paint MS, Gimp, Pixlr; any picture created.

3) Photoshop: (5-15 pts)
-- Take a picture/screen shot and alter it. Pretty self explanatory I think.

4) Screen Shot With Caption: (1-8 pts)
-- You can edit this slightly (crop, etc.) and add an caption/speech bubble/symbols.

5) Theme Music: (15-30 pts)
-- Learn a piece from either game (or a medley) on any instrument.
-- Film yourself (your hands).

  • Trivia (2pts each)
-- Answer the ones you can, can be any order. (Most of these you should be able to answer.)
-- Comment your answers or e-mail them. (These comments are not published.)
-- It ranges from blog trivia to W101 or P101 questions. 
-- Once you submit your answer, it cannot change.
-- Special Bonus: if you answer all of them correctly you are awarded 5 extra points.

Questions:
  1. Why do I hate Potbelly?
  2. Who is Sylvia Drake modled after? 
  3. Who was my first wizard? 
  4. Why did I finally finish Golem Tower?
  5. Why are the Gobblers in Colossus Boulevard?
  6. What was the original color of the Manders?
  7. Which home world gives you natural toughness?
  8. How does Boochebeard sign off the intercepted letter?
  9. What gang looks like some creatures from the Floating Land (CL)?
  10. Which two minigames are similar between W101 and P101?

√ BONUS!
Everyone likes bonuses!! There are three ways to earn one:
-- 1) I reach 50 followers during the month of May. And only during May. Once it reaches June the bonus is off. This applies to ALL entries - you will receive and extra 7% points of your total points at that time
-- 2) Spread the word! - For every one time you mention this contest, you earn 1 point. E-mail me the people you told and I will award you your bonus. Try to spread the word to those who don't necessarily know much about this blog. (Maximum of 10).
-- 3) W101/P101 Memes. Have a funny and appropriate meme? Share it! Link or e-mail is fine, make it yourself if need be! Extra award of 1-2 points. (Maximum of 5).

¬QUESTIONS?
Concerns? Comments? E-mail or comment on this post!!


START: now! (May 2nd)
END: June 13th


Once a week I'll e-mail back participants their current score so you know your standings. At the end of this whole thing I might tell you your specific 'points earned' for entries. 
Prizes will be e-mailed at the end of the contest. Winners and their entries will be posted up so all can admire their work! (Unless you want to state otherwise.)

Going to have fun with this!! :D
~Emma

7 comments:

  1. I believe there was only one Mander color which is Green if I am not mistaken, I haven't done the side quest on my fire wizard yet so I will reply to this when I do if no one corrects me and I won't reply if I am correct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I have a few questions, though. First off, for the music, do you actually need to film it, or is a recording acceptable? It's sort of hard to film your hands when you're playing viola. If my friend and I collaborated for the music, would we both get points? Also, if I were to hand-draw something in GIMP, would that count as hand-drawn or Virtually Created? Could I submit more than one of one type of thing? LOL, I'm sorry if this is too many questions. (I didn't want to send it to your email because I got another random message from you with a link to a random website. You might want to change your password.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this case, yes, recording the viola is fine.
      Collaborating would depend on how much either one your does.
      GIMP counts as Virtually Created.
      Yes, as it said in rules, you can submit more than one thing of each category.

      Ugh, really? I'll go do that right now.

      Delete
    2. Ok, e-mail problems should be all cleared up.

      Delete
  3. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Oh my gosh, this looks so fun and I wish I'd actually touched my laptop earlier XD If I had I would've gone on your blog and seen this!

    But for some reason my school thinks it's so funny to have the last two weeks of school be the busiest with all these projects for final grades and whatever, so my laptop has been collecting a layer of dust on it until today :/

    Gah, I really really wanna join this! It sounds so much fun, but I don't know if I'll actually get to do all the things I want to because there's not that much time left for me :(

    Well, hopefully next week will be more lazy because it's the final week of school. I can't wait to start on this! :DDDDDDDDDDDDD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D There' still time!! Don't worry, I know that feeling of school being in the way. Glad you can make it!!

      Delete
  4. Roslyn SilvertalonJune 6, 2013 at 8:17 PM

    I think I'm probably not the only one who wants to know...what can we win?

    ReplyDelete

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...