Monday, March 1, 2010

A Story

so here is a story that i want all you people to hear/read.
thank you

Bright Sat (part 1)

Everything was going well. Until the stranger came. I was looking out my window on a warm sunny day when I saw him. A guy dressed in a black cloak and holding something under his arm that must’ve been sharp. I was curious and wanted to know who he was. So I got up off my bed and ran down stairs and peeked out the kitchen window. There he was again. Walking up our stone path.

My mom had left me alone for the day while she went to the market. I didn’t know what to do so I went back to my room and pretended that I wasn’t home. The stranger knocked. I didn’t answer. He knocked again. And again, and again, and again. And each time I barley breathed.

Something about him gave me goose bumps. And, I was scared. I had never had someone come to the house when I was alone.

My name is Ai. I was named after the first Queen of our kingdom 300,000 years ago. Her name was Arianna of Lamia. That’s our country. But I prefer Ai.

Why would some weird guy come to our cottage? It’s a full five miles from anything. And a full 500 miles from the Castle of Lamia. Only my dad has been there. Once. The day he died. No one knows how, but he did. I was very sad and mom was devastated. I had to live with my best friend, Kit, for a month before she got better.

I was awoken from my thoughts with a loud crash from downstairs. Something must have tipped over. But I then heard heavy footsteps. The guy had broken down the door.

“Oh no,” I breathed. I ran over and got into my closet. Hoping for the best.

The footsteps were coming up the stairs.

“I know you’re in here,” a deep voice said somewhere. “You can’t hide from me.”

I stayed as still as a statue.

“AI!?” another voice said. It sounded like Kit’s. The footsteps stopped. The guy didn’t want to be found. But I couldn’t answer.

“AI!?” Kit called again. I wanted to answer so badly.

Then, the heavy footsteps walked briskly back down the stairs.

Ai!? Is that you?”

She thought I was the stranger going down the stairs. But I controlled myself and stayed perfectly still and did not utter a single word.

I heard the back door slam. The guy had left. It was safe to come out.

“I’m upstairs Kit!” I call out.

“Oh. Ok. I was getting worried,” Kit said coming up the stairs. And indeed, she did look worried. She was pale and her chest was going up and down at a fast pace.

“Are you ok?” I asked.

She shook her head. I couldn’t tell if it was a yes or no. “No. I’m fine. Just ran from my house here. Just wanted to say hi.”

She was lying. I could tell. “Liar.”

“Ugh. Your right. I am.”

“Why?” I questioned.

Kit looked down. “Your mom is missing,” she said.

I let out a shriek. “NO! NEVER! Mom can’t be missing! NO!”

“Calm down Ai. It’s ok. The Lamia soldiers will find her. Miss Janna sent me to tell you.” Kit said as reassuringly as she could manage. But even as she said the words, I could tell she didn’t think it was ok either.

All of a sudden, I got a strange feeling. A feeling that said the Lamia soldiers wouldn’t find my mom. That someone had taken her and no one but a person called Bright Star would defeat them.

“I have to find my mom,” I say suddenly. Kit looked up at me.

“You’re joking.”

I shook my head no. Indicating that I wasn’t.

“But, you don’t even KNOW where she is! And how are you going to get her when you find her?” Kit pointed out. It was true. The idea had just popped into my head. I had no plan, no idea what to do, no nothing. But I would stay that way unless I found something on how to fix it.

Kit stared at me. “Well?”

I got up off my bed. “I’m going.”

Kit gapped at me. “Your serious?!”

I didn’t respond. Kit groaned. Then she looked thoughtful. Like she was considering something. “Ok,” she said suddenly. I looked up at her. Confused. “I’m coming with you.”

“Say what!”

“I am,” she said reassuringly. But I felt anything but reassured. What was she getting at? Then I thought of the idea to go save my mother. That had been a random thought. I had sort-a spaced out for a second. Kit had just done that too. A random idea must’ve popped into her head too.

“Um, Ai? Why are you saying, ‘toast’?” Kit asked. I was pulled away from my trance.

“Um, I was just, thinking we should bring toast,” I said trying to cover up the coincidence. Oops! I thought. My bad!

~*~*~*~*~*~

“Oh my gosh!” exclaimed Kit. We were both tired. We were making our way to the Castle of Lamia. This was, as I said, 500 miles away from our town.

Couldn’t we just steal a horse or something?” she asked. I glared at her.

“No!” I say sternly. “We do not steal anything unless absolutely needed.”

“But we aren’t going to make to Lamia! We’ll run out of food in a few days and the next nearest town is 50 miles away!” protested Kit. It was true. But we didn’t have time to waste.

“We’ll stop for food there. The Town of Kice. We do not stop until then. We will also get wounds bandaged.” While going through the Swamp of Lost Memories, me and Kit both fell onto a ditch and Kit got a gash that wouldn’t stop bleeding for days and I got hit hard and have an ugly scare on the side of my face. With Kit’s wound that was on her thigh, that slowed us down. And I couldn’t hunt; I was the only one who knew bow and arrow, because I got a miner concussion. So we had no fresh meat.

Kit groaned again. “What are we going to do!” she cried out.

“I don’t know. But I do know that we are not gonna die. That I’m sure of that.”

Our plan was simple. We were first going to the Castle of Lamia to seek any information on my mom. Then, with that information, we would go to the location…

Kit let out a deafening screech. I was forced out of my thoughts to see what had happened. Kit was staring horrified at the biggest wolf I had ever seen. Saliva was dripping from its mouth and it haunches were raised. It put its right back foot back a step and put its left front foot forward a step. The pose you got into when you’re about to attack. And it was pointing right at Kit.

“Kit look out!!” I called out. Though she was near I reached over and grabbed her shoulder.

The wolf growled. Then strangely, it spoke. “Let the Kit Girl go, and I won’t harm you. Young Bright Star, danger is near.”


Bright Star (part 2)

I stared blankly at the wolf. What was he saying? It made NO sense. The wolf seemed to read my expression. Because he said, “You may be confused young Bright Star, but I mean you no harm if you mean not to harm me.”

“I will only defend myself if you try to harm me,” I snapped at him. He did a low growl, but it seemed to represent a laugh.

“Then we understand each other than do we not?” I didn’t know how to respond. He continued to laugh.

“Ha, ha, ha,” I said enthusiastically. What was wrong with this mutant?

“What’s your name then?” I asked him.

“Keith,” he responded absentmindedly.

I was about to say my name when Keith interrupted saying, “do not tell me your real name young Bright Star. You are already known to our kind.”

I looked at him confused. “Why do you keep calling me ‘young Bright Star’? I have another name ya know.”

“You may have another name. But that name is only a ‘cover up’ or a fake. Though your real name may be non-namey, but it is still your name.”

I was about to respond when kit yelled, “HEY!”

Me and Keith looked down at her.

“Yes?” said the wolf.

“Where, do I, come into all this?” she asked calmly. But by all the pauses, I could tell she was annoyed.

“Well, if you say your name is Kit, then my companion is looking for another young girl the same age as Bright Star. Her real name is something like The Warrior.

When the Bright Star and The Warrior join together, a powerful magic will be seen,” explained Keith.

“So how do you tell if I’m, or if the other girl is The Warrior?”

“And how do you know I’m Bright Star?”

Keith looked flustered from all the questions. “I don’t think this is the time and place to talk about all this,” he finally said.

Ok, well, then me and Kit will continue on our way to the Town of Kice and if you follow, we can then talk to you there,” I concluded.

Keith nodded his head. “Can’t say it better.”

So we spent the night in a small clearing we found. Keith caught a dear and for the first in four nights we had fresh meat. Fresh food cooked over a hot fire and someone new to talk to; I thought that maybe things would turn out all right.

So little did I know then.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“I need her NOW!”

“But master, she is almost to the border of Mali, she will be in the safety of Lamia by the time we catch up to her.”

“Did you hear what I said!?! My order was to get the girl no matter WHERE she was or WHAT she was doing!”

“B-b-but, she has company. A wolf. Large and always hungry.”

“What do I care if a Bargina Wolf stands in my way?! I will crush him if it takes every last drop of my strength!”

“Yes or course master.”

“Take this new order to Chief Kalsly. I know he will follow his order exactly as told. Tell him to dress up an army to look like Lamia Soldiers. With their pretty little armor. And have them catch the young girl on her way to Lamia. She will not have the power to take them over yet. Fresh power is stronger than controlled power. You will not fail to bring Kalsly this order?!”

“No master.”

“Good. Now leave me.”

“Yes master.”

“Mal!”

“What does my master request?”

“I need a weapon to drain the girl of her power. To put it in me. And I need it by 3 days. Can you do it Mal?”

“Anything you need will be able to be made. And if not made? Then stolen.”

“Excellent. Now go do it.” ***


like it? like it? like it? i know some of you may have read it before, but i'm posting it up here again. :D:D

thanks for (not) reading!

~Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...