Monday, March 11, 2013

The Blogroll

Ah yes, the blogroll, how I've discovered so many bloggers this way it's not even funny, lol (wow, I just laughed. *points to self* Fail). Either that or seeing them commenting, but that's not what this is about.

No, no, I mean to talk about that fact that when you see this list of bloggers and the title of their most recent post, it tells you when it was posted.

Usually you see the ones that are up top that were "posted 2 hours ago" or "posted 1 day ago." Those are quite frequent and normally everyone has them.

However scroll down a little more and you just might run into one that says "posted 1 week ago" or possibly "posted 3 weeks ago." That's pushing it, just a little bit. But usually those bloggers are just very busy and they'll be back sooner or later and you can't really blame them. Life's busy with throwing the lemons, it never gets tired.

However keep scrolling some more and soon you'll run into "posted 4 months ago."

...Alright.

*keep scrolling*

"posted nine months ago."

...Uh huh.

Eventually you'll come to the ever constant "posted 1 year ago." Either that person is extremely busy or they've quit.

Now, don't get mad at me yet. I've gone through the same thing. I've got one or two as well, because I hope that that blogger will come back.

But seriously, when it reaches "posted 2 - 3 years ago" you may as well take them off the blogroll. They haven't posted in 3 years? Ok, sounds like they quit. I even go to that blog and see their last post and you know what? 90% of the time it's some update post saying "Hey everyone! I just reached level 50!!"

Good for you!!
So you reach level 50 and just quit? No goodbye post or at least something along the lines of 'hey-I'm-taking-a-break.' Even something short like that is better than just dropping off.

But you know what's ten times worse? When their last post 2 years ago was a post saying "I'm Baaaack!!"

Seriously now, clearly you are not back.

Just saying.

I don't know about you, but to me this is slightly odd (that the blogger hosting this blogroll would keep that blogger on there) and annoying (that the blogger that hasn't posted in 2 years didn't say goodbye). And from what I can tell, sometimes these No-Goodbye-Bloggers were quite infamous in the blogsphere. Why would they just leave?

Sorry for complaining, just had to get that off my chest. *Breaths* There you go, breathe it in-
-Don't! It's probably carcinogenic.

...Anyone see I was quoting Tobuscus? No? Yeah?

Whatever.

Laterz! (Bless yo face.)
~Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're commenting? Great! Comment away...